Friday Jan 10 or Saturday Jan 11 is a Mega Red and Purple Day
(depending on your location)
Welcome to the first eclipse of the decade and of 2020
Theme of the Lunar Eclipse – just wait
The answer to any question you have in your life around this eclipse is “IT CAN WAIT!”
You are the eye of the storm – you can ripple Peace at a time of chaos
You can cultivate Peace in any environment. This is what is your lesson of this eclipse. By cultivating peace at a tumultuous time, you are laying down future layers of peace to access when you most need it.
The energy around this full moon in Gemini and the world of ideas is that we might be enticed or seduced into thinking that we have to make a move now, or make important decisions in the fullness of the excitement of this new decade. I’m here to suggest that you wait for just a few more days. Things might even be even smoother and more prosperous if you wait until the eclipse season has quieted down.
This lunar eclipse energy combines expansion, excitement, possibly nervousness or anxiety with some wildness and a curiosity that will APPEAR to tug at you and say ‘act now’ or ‘ let’s satiate a desire now’. It can wait!
BIG MESSAGE: Whatever you THINK is important or imminent – IT CAN WAIT!
• Penumbral Lunar Eclipse is visible or partially visible in England, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, East in South America, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean, Arctic and some parts of Hawaii (for only four minutes at 7:07 am HST). It can be hard to see penumbral lunar eclipses, and Vedic Astrology advises against looking at them – meditation, mantra, or being quiet are the best things to be doing at the peak of the lunar eclipse.
• The Full Moon is in Gemini Friday, January 10 (or Saturday January 11 in Australia)
Vedic Astrology uses a skymap that is the same as astronomers and so the Full moon is in Gemini
Friday Jan 10 at 7:21 pm UTC/ GMT London, 2:21 pm EST, 11:21 am PST, 9:21 am HST and Saturday Jan 11 at 6:21 am AEDT
- Time Range of the Peak Eclipse
Time of Greatest eclipse is Friday January 10 at 19:11 UTC or 7:11 GMT – this is the center of the deepest eclipse time and is the perfect time to be in a spiritual practice, in silence or being quiet.
Range of the eclipse is from 17:07–21:12 Universal Time
Vedic Astrology meaning of the full moon eclipse
The full moon is in Gemini and in the lunar mansion Punarvasu. Thankfully, this lunar mansion is a positive one and will help us all shift patterns on this day! We still have Rahu and the Moon bringing up dust storms of the mind because this full moon is in Gemini, an air sign and the sign of the mind and obsession with details. This is why I have suggested you not be pulled into any drama around decisions from Jan 9 – Jan 11, 2020.
A Rahu-Moon Lunar Eclipse in Gemini is giving you the chance to let the chatter of the mind flutter in the wind and bring your focus back to the center of your being. With this practice, you are developing Peace exponentially – because when you choose Peace on this kind of eclipse day, you are catapulting your spiritual ability to remain centered in any chaotic situation in the future.
This is an opening to stop believing any illusions or negative self-talk or disappointment that might be swirling around you.
Punarvasu lunar mansion is connected with great spiritual wisdom; the great Indian saint Ramana Maharishi had his natal moon in this place. He was known as the silent saint and the lesson of this eclipse is about allowing the silence under the chatter of our minds or the noise of the Universe to fall away, when we allow it to just be. That is the secret of deeper meditation too. The mind will have its thoughts and there is no need to stop thoughts – you can just keep returning to the breath, mantra or your center with no judgement of the thoughts and eventually…they do fall away and get quiet.
5 SIMPLE PEACE PRACTICES ON THE LUNAR ECLIPSE:
• For every moment of Peace you allow you are creating 100,000 fold deeper ability to tap into the EYE OF THE STORM at a future point in your life. This is why I keep sounding the message to cultivate calm on lunar eclipse days – and this one has the mind possibly in a little more turmoil.
• If you feel anxious or distracted, then LOVE it and be kind to yourself! This is the perfect time to acknowledge that you are human are feeling the forces of the planets, that is all. There is no need to change it! Just observe it and when you stop trying to change it, the waves can then begin to calm.
• The number one gift this eclipse brings is that for every moment that you can cultivate peace or not being hooked by the world at play around you (like not angering nor judging nor getting annoyed if people are being mindless or inconsiderate or consumed with their pain). Other ways to help the calm arise, if you are feeling particularly anxious or
like you want to move:
• to stretch your body, roll around on the floor, shake your body (gently) or tense one group of muscles at a time intensely and let it relax as you move from head to toe. This will give the mind something to do and help the body process the energy.
• The MOST SIMPLE breath practice is to take a deep breath and hold your breath for 3 seconds and let the exhale out. Then allow the breath to settle. Keep repeating this until you notice your body and mind begin to calm down.
Break Patterns of obsession or desire on the lunar eclipse
WHY I AM SUGGESTING PEACE CULTIVATING PRACTICES:
Gemini is the constellation of Mercury, the mind, communication, information details, nervous system and an air sign. When a wild and airy energy like Rahu is in the sign, the full moon and lunar eclipse will tend to have our minds feel more stimulated, stronger emotions might surface, or a desire or feeling that we need to DO something or KNOW something.
This is just an illusion – there is nothing to know that will change the peace you can access in any given moment. Watch the drama that might be around you or in a friend’s life. At the same time as the MIND will be in a whirlwind, all the other forces are being slowed, blocked or stopped because Saturn is exerting its force with Ketu on all the planets in Sagittarius. All the more reason to not think there is anything you can DO on Jan 10 or 11 that could sway things.
Annual Conscious Calendars
True 2020 vision with a year of Conscious Calendars and see the Green Days 12 months from now with your Annual Subscription before prices go UP in January 2020.
At the beginning of each month you can access tips like this, detailed information about each type of ‘day’ in the calendar, and significant astrological events that help you PLAN and have perspective.
AstroVantage Vedic Astrology Sessions with Kathleen for a year
Live consciously. Live aligned with your natural rhythm.
One-on-One Vedic Astrology Session – single session
Ready for further, personalized insight?
Have a single session with Kathleen Whalen, understand your personal patterns and illuminate your life path with Vedic Astrology.
Career changes, family planning, major moves, events, launches of all kinds, weddings, family travel, health support, dating and relationship decisions are all illumined through your Vedic Astrology Chart. Understand your personal karmic patterns in a session with Kathleen Whalen M.S.