Saturn in Capricorn
Saturn moves from Sagittarius into Capricorn on Friday Jan 24, 2020
The last time Saturn was in Capricorn was 30 years ago. And nearly 60 years ago, Jupiter joined Saturn in Capricorn. It is happening for a short while again this year!
The last time Jupiter and Saturn joined each other in Capricorn it was February 1961.
Here’s what it means for everyone, (see notes for a few ascendants below):
- Saturn moving into Capricorn is going to be a relief for everyone! Saturn’s shift into its own sign will allow the qualities of Saturn’s gifts to be focused and help support you with a steadfastness that will be welcome. Saturn in Sagittarius definitely burned many a person out.For 2 1/2 years now, Saturn will be in Capricorn.
- Saturn in Capricorn helps us all apply effort efficiently, conserve our energy and the planets’ energy and focus on what really matters; things like:
– Discovering meaningful work and simple living
– Really ask yourself what you need versus what you desire this year
– Developing a hobby or craft that brings you joy and helps othersThe happiest and most content people live under their means (spending less than what they bring in no matter what the income level).For instance, is working ¾ time give you enough income and plenty of time to spend with the people or projects which make your heart sing or bring you contentment?
-Slow cooking or more potlucks are a natural extension of this energy of Saturn in Capricorn, too – let everyone pitch in for a meal and everyone saves money while enjoying each other’s company!
- Saturn in an Earth sign inspires us all take a pragmatic approach to problems and help us assess how we could spend our time differently.
- It has been 60 years since Saturn was here. For many of you turning 60, there is a significant planetary combination that was only here 60 years ago that will spur some of you to do great works that will leave their mark for generations to come (civic or ecological work, or great writings or works of art).
- Happy Soil, Happy People on Earth:
Conservation and Green Programs will steadily increase over the next two years. Investments, companies, research and expansion of programs related to soil sequestration of CO2, reforestation and Green technologies will become mainstream and more jobs will open in this sector. Especially programs which are restoring nutrients to the soil or using soil as a carbon sequestering medium and reforestation.
- Civic work programs developed by governments to decrease unemployment and help train both a young work force and will include a semi-retired work force around the world. In particular, the U.S. might actually finally get a small “works program” running.
- Infrastructure like roads, bridges and commuting to work will receive an overhaul around the world, including developed and developing nations. (Many U.S. cities are looking at making bus ridership FREE in major cities to help the working class, use the resources that already exist and decrease the wear and tear on the current ageing roads.
- Civic involvement will rise as Saturn is the planet of government and ‘of the people’. More people, mostly retired and semi-retired, will increase their civic involvement in their local government activities. From local parks to neighborhood and city issues, volunteerism and citizens making a difference in their local and affairs will be on the rise. (Definition of Civic engagement or civic participation is any individual or group activity addressing issues of public concern. The goal of civic engagement is to address public concerns and promote the quality of the community.)
- It could be YOU who steps up and starts contributing in ways you have been wanting to for years.
- Charity, non-profits or benefit corporations will be on the rise this year. Charities might still struggle to attain donation dollars, but that will be offset with volunteers to help off-set the cost of employees. Charity or seva work and political volunteering will become more common place among baby boomers and will transition them into retirement activities.
Sagittarius Ascendant feel some relief
Sagittarius ascendants (or Sun or Moon in Sag) will feel a sense of relief with Saturn shifting! Ketu and the eclipses in Sag might still have them feeling like home bodies a little, but things are really going to start moving for both Sagittarius and Gemini Ascendants now. It has been a long haul.
Capricorn Ascendants feel pressure and can rise to the occasion if
Capricorn ascendants (or Sun or Moon in Cap) will now feel the consolidating force of Saturn. Luckily it is Saturn’s sign, so the energy of helping give a steady and quiet work focus to all Capricorns will support them if they and their bones and body are ready for the extra weight and responsibility. Increasing qi and prana and blood is the number one priority for everyone this year to be able to use the forces for goodwill work this year.
Saturn in Capricorn Throughout History
One of the historical movements which occurred when Saturn was in Capricorn was the Works Program in the 1930s in the post Depression Era of the United States. This movement instigated by Franklin D. Roosevelt and that passed swiflty in the U.S. Congress was called The Emergency Conservation Work (ECW)
and Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC).
The Works Progress Administration or WPA
“The Works Progress Administration (WPA) was an ambitious employment and infrastructure program created by President Roosevelt in 1935, during the bleakest years of the Great Depression. Over its eight years of existence, the WPA put roughly 8.5 million Americans to work. Perhaps best known for its public works projects, the WPA also sponsored projects in the arts – the agency employed tens of thousands of actors, musicians, writers and other artists.”